What should I do if I need to report an emergency?

After-hours water and sewer emergency calls are handled by our answering service. The San Bernardino Municipal Water Department has staff on call to respond to emergencies 24-hours a day, 7 days a week.  To report a water or sewer emergency, including leaks in the street or hit fire hydrants, please call 909-384-5141. Please note: Always report sewer spills or overflows by phone immediately as these have the potential to pollute surface water or groundwater and threaten public health.

To start service or reconnect service after disconnection, please contact our office during normal business hours at (909) 384-5095. Emergency staff will not be able to assist with establishment or re-establishment of an account or service.

Show All Answers

1. How do I establish or terminate water service?
2. Where are you located and what are your Customer Service business hours?
3. When is the best time to contact Customer Service? Is the Customer Service office closed on holidays?
4. What should I do if I need to report an emergency?
5. What are my billing and payment options?
6. When do I get my security deposit back?
7. What can I do if I believe there is an error on my bill?
8. Do you offer customers low-income assistance?
9. How is my water use determined?
10. Are there water use restrictions that would restrict me from watering my lawn?
11. Who is responsible for a leak or any issues on the water line?
12. What programs are available to help me save water?
13. How can I learn more about the quality of my water?