How do I obtain a water service/s or upgrade my current service for my property?

For properties looking to obtain a new water service which do not already have one, be sure to check firstly if there is a water main fronting the property. This can be done with Engineering in person (397 Chandler Place) or over the phone (909) 453-6175.

The first step is to submit the Rule & Reg. 5 application and pay the appropriate application fees. Applications will be submitted to Customer Service at 1350 South “E” Street. From the application, Engineering will create a Cost Invoice for the total amount due to SBMWD for the installation of the water service requested. Payment of the Cost Invoice fees will be done at Customer Service. After payment, please call SBMWD’s Distribution Section at (909) 453-6175 or (909) 453-6121 regarding scheduling of installation of the water service.

Show All Answers

1. How do I obtain a water service/s or upgrade my current service for my property?
2. After I pay my water invoice, who do I call to schedule water installation?
3. Once I receive my Engineering invoice, where do I make my payment?
4. How long does it take to process a water or sewer application after payment is accepted?
5. How much will my monthly bill for water and sewer be?
6. Do I need a fire service?
7. How can I obtain a fire flow test?
8. How do I connect the Public Sewer system and how much is it to connect?
9. What are Sewer Capacity fees?
10. Do I need a City Permit to do sewer lateral repair work on my property?
11. How often should my sewer lateral be cleaned?
12. How do I know if my sewer lateral needs repair or replacement?
13. Who owns and maintains my sewer lateral?
14. How do I know if I have a septic system or am connected to the sewer main?
15. I’m on a septic system, and it needs to be replaced. May I replace it with a new one?
16. How do I request water and/or Sewer Atlas Maps?