How do I connect the Public Sewer system and how much is it to connect?

Firstly, call SBMWD’s Engineering Section to see if a sewer main is fronting the property. Engineering can be reached at (909) 453-6175.

If a sewer main fronts the property, submit a Rule & Reg. 5 Sewer Application with the appropriate application fees to Customer Service at 1350 South “E” Street. SBMWD’s Engineering Section will create a Sewer Cost Invoice to connect to the Public Sewer System. 

Payment of the Sewer Cost Invoice will be done at Customer Service. After payment, the engineer will generate a Sewer Capacity Certificate. Before constructing the new sewer lateral be sure to obtain the correct Public Works Permits to be in the street, and the Public Works Permit will be checked before an inspection can be scheduled. The inspection of the new sewer lateral will be done through SBMWD’s Engineering Section, please call (909) 453-6175 to schedule an inspection. Once the new sewer lateral has been approved, the contractor or property owner on site will be given a signed Connection Permit.

Show All Answers

1. How do I obtain a water service/s or upgrade my current service for my property?
2. After I pay my water invoice, who do I call to schedule water installation?
3. Once I receive my Engineering invoice, where do I make my payment?
4. How long does it take to process a water or sewer application after payment is accepted?
5. How much will my monthly bill for water and sewer be?
6. Do I need a fire service?
7. How can I obtain a fire flow test?
8. How do I connect the Public Sewer system and how much is it to connect?
9. What are Sewer Capacity fees?
10. Do I need a City Permit to do sewer lateral repair work on my property?
11. How often should my sewer lateral be cleaned?
12. How do I know if my sewer lateral needs repair or replacement?
13. Who owns and maintains my sewer lateral?
14. How do I know if I have a septic system or am connected to the sewer main?
15. I’m on a septic system, and it needs to be replaced. May I replace it with a new one?
16. How do I request water and/or Sewer Atlas Maps?